Blackjack is one of the most popular online gambling games today that is widely played in different parts of the world and also on different platforms. There are so many amazing features of the game, and people are constantly winning with this game. It is important to have a proper understanding of the entire gameplay of the online blackjack, and we have provided you with all the necessary information you need to make you have a solid background in online blackjack.
Objective of Blackjack
A lot of people are always misguided and sometimes forced to believe that not going above 21 but rather getting close to 21 is the main objective of online blackjack. This is completely false, and it is important to note that beating the dealer is the main goal to achieve in blackjack. There are three ways of winning a hand in this game, and these ways are as follows:
- Having a 21 value or even less, while the dealer lands a value that is more than 21. This is called a bust.
- Having a 21 value or even less in your hand and at the same time having a value that is higher than that which is possessed by the dealer on the hand end.
- Having exactly 21, which was formed from only two cards while the dealer is unable to achieve this.
These three ways are the possible ways of winning a hand in online blackjack. Ties are also possible on blackjack, and you are probably wondering how possible this is. There are conditions when it would be considered a tie. For example, a situation whereby you and the dealer end up with exactly the same value that is not above 21 will mean a tie. Another scenario can occur when you and the dealer both end up having a blackjack. These are the possible ways of landing a tie.
Winning and ties are not the only possibilities you will encounter when playing blackjack. It is also possible to lose, and it is therefore important to know how and when this can occur. It is basically the reverse of everything listed above. When you bust, i.e., the dealer has a 21 value or even less, and you end up have a value that is above 21, then you have lost. You will lose if you do not have a blackjack and the dealer does. Another scenario that will make you lose is when you have a lesser value than the dealer, and the dealer does not bust.
There are other things to take note of about the blackjack game, and this is with respect to the values that you would receive which will include
- Aces: which is either 1 or 11. This will depend on what favors your hand.
- 2 through 9: This is the face value, and it implies that 3 = 3, 2 = 2, and so on.
- Queens, jacks, kings, 10s: which is 10.
Choices to make
At the beginning of the blackjack, you will receive two cards, all of which will be facing up. Two cards will be received by the dealer, but only one of these cards will be facing up. The other card will be hidden from you. The next thing to do after receiving the two cards is to add up the values so that you will have an idea of whether you have a chance or not.
There are so many actions to take if you want to win the hand. These actions usually depend on what you are holding, and they are as follows:
- Hit: Doing this will mean you are requesting for an additional card. You can do this repeatedly until you are satisfied with what you have.
- Split: This is usually recommended when two cards with the same value are received. Doubling a bet usually follows a split. Another card is then received for the split cards, after which newer actions can then follow.
- Stand: Doing this will mean that you are completely satisfied with what you are holding.
- Insurance: This choice is only applicable when the ace is showing for the player. This will help you place a bet of up to half of your original bet.
- Double: This act will also double what your initial bet was. However, more cards will be given to you when you double. Doubling is also the last action you will be able to take. You cannot make another choice after doubling.
- Surrender: Just as the name implies. Doing this will mean that you are accepting defeat, and you would not need to receive more cards. The advantage of this choice is that only half of your bet will be lost.
The gameplay of blackjack is very easy and straightforward, and this article will make you have a better understanding.